Wednesday, January 22, 2014

we all feel better in the dark



New music klaxon! My latest obsession is "Better In The Dark" by Swedish/Australian twin sister duo, Say Lou Lou. It's a dreamy, brooding and somewhat anthemic track which ticks all the right boxes for me. The chorus melody is a killer!

The track has been floating around since November, but it just dropped on my desk this week.



Ooh! That's full of texture! Elegant and moody. Luminous hair, mirrors, knives, feathers and slow motion twirling. Gorgeous! Very "Twin Peaks" meets "Dynasty".

When you purchase the single, you also get "Beloved", a lovely, languid ballad. Quite easily a single in its own right.



The sisters, Elektra and Miranda Kilbey, are scheduled to unleash their debut longplayer in June. With these two tunes, it's shaping up to be a platter of sonic goodness.

2 comments:

  1. I'll certainly keep a listen and look out for the girls! These songs have grown fairly quickly on me!.......I'm a twin, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, seems like Theo and Adam of Hurts have some female competition...

    ReplyDelete