Wednesday, October 7, 2009

this much is true

Alert the media! With a thrill in my head and a pill on my tongue, I am pleased to announce the finalized tracklisting for "Once More", the forthcoming longplayer from Spandau Ballet.

The thirteen track album hits the "shops" on October 19 just as they hit the road for their European reunion tour. The following is the running order:

1. Once More
2. To Cut A Long Story Short
3. Gold
4. True
5. Chant No. 1 (I Don't Need This Pressure On)
6. I'll Fly For You
7. Only When You Leave
8. Through The Barricades
9. She Loved Like Diamond
10. Communication
11. Lifeline
12. With The Pride
13. Love Is All

"Once More" and "Love Is All" are the band's first new recordings in twenty years! How time flies!

The remaining eleven tracks are re-imaged recordings of songs across their entire career produced in an acoustic setting. There are the obvious choices like "True", "Gold" and "Through The Barricades". Then there are more obscure selections like "She Loved Like Diamond", which was originally the third single from their second album, "Diamond", and peaked at a rather lowly #49 in the UK singles chart in 1982. Another interesting choice is "With The Pride", a longtime band and fan favorite from their fourth longplayer, "Parade".

4 comments:

  1. Ah good, Gold is on there :) True but not very interesting story - my brother purchased She Loved Like A Diamond with his pocket money all them years ago and cried when it wasn't in the top 40 rundown. It was the first time I realised I was cooler than him (for the crying, not for the purchase :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Paul - "Gold" had to be on there, I suppose. I remember being obsessed with the entire "True" album.

    Great story about your brother and "She Loved Like Diamond". I'm surprised it wasn't a bigger hit. But the soulboy thing was right around the corner. Wasn't it?

    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that track listing. The one I'm missing is Round And Round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Michael - I like it, too. "Round And Round" is a fabulous one. Can imagine how tough it must have been for them to whittle it down to eleven songs? I'm totally missing "Highly Strung". And I'd love to hear "Be Free With Your Love".

    ReplyDelete