Tuesday, September 29, 2009

love is all around

I haven't had much of a chance to get around to reviewing "Viva", the new longplayer from Bananarama. However, I will say it's a strong album with enough booty shaking content for fans and disco dollies alike.

"Love Comes" was a fabulous return to form for Keren and Sarah. It's a shame the single only managed to reach #44 on the UK singles chart. Dismal.

The next single should be "Love Don't Live Here". I sense a running theme. Love, perhaps? The song is a glittering, epic, dance number with operatic flashes. Bananarama recently performed it on "The Alan Titchmarsh Show" in the UK.

I've included their interview with Alan because you get some lovely insights into their 27 year career. It just goes to show you how a proper popstar handles an interview. You can also see what great fun they're having. And isn't pop music about fun in the first place? I love it that Keren and Sarah don't take themselves too seriously. I can think of a few, young starlets that could learn a thing or two from these clips.

By the way, skip to super cheesed out intro to the show.



No comments:

Post a Comment