Wednesday, August 7, 2013

city song

The mighty Texas return with the second single from their eighth longplayer, "The Conversation". "Detroit City" is another slice of pop underpinned by chunky rhythms and electronics.

The song barrels along at a sprightly pace while Sharleen Spiteri warbles her gorgeous tones over the top of it. The band even manage to keep some of their twanky charm within the track. Definitely a highlight from their current album.

Texas recently lensed a video for it in - wait for it - Detroit! Hat tip to the obvious. Let's watch Sharleen as she spins her fins around the Motor City with joy.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that I allowed this album to pass me by earlier this year. After hearing Detroit City, I think I will have to give it a good listen...

    ReplyDelete