Sunday, September 26, 2010

ride on time

Let me be clear about something. I adore Jamiroquai. I was a fan from the very first time I heard "When You Gonna Learn?", their debut single. The didgeridoo was a lovely touch. I dug a bit of Acid Jazz back in the day. Still do.

So, you can imagine my feverish anticipation for their forthcoming seventh longplayer, "Rock Dust Light Star", which will hit the "shops" on November 1.

"White Knuckle Ride" is the first single from it. Another solid funk workout. A little more raw than previous efforts. Pushes all the right buttons. Loving it!

This week, Jamiroquai unveiled the video clip they lensed for it. Let's check it out.



OK. That was a complete waste of celluloid.

2 comments:

  1. Vinny, sometimes it scares me how alike our musical taste is - right down to shopping at the same record stores in NYC - I was forever a devotee of Rebel Rebel!! Now living in Tampa, your blog is one of my go to places to keep up to date as well as revel in the past. I have always been a great fan of Jamiroquai as well as JK. Seems to me everytime the critics declare he is finished, he comes back stronger and even more determined to piss them off! Can't wait for the new album to drop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Echorich - I just stopped in there today. Was hoping they would have the new Robbie Williams hits collection. No luck.

    Really looking forward to the Jamiroquai album. You, my friend, have good taste! :)

    ReplyDelete