Tuesday, February 21, 2012

thank you for the music

Today, the mighty Saint Etienne revealed the details of "Words And Music By Saint Etienne", their forthcoming, eighth, studio longplayer.

The album will be released on May 21 in four different flavors including a standard CD for the casual buyer, double CD deluxe edition for the more serious fan, an old school vinyl LP for the diehard lovers of warm crackle, and a special boxset version for the hardcore trainspotter types. I will be buying all four editions which makes me certifiably insane.

The tracklisting for the standard CD includes the following thirteen songs.

1. Over The Border
2. I've Got Your Music
3. Heading For the Fair
4. Last Days of Disco
5. Tonight
6. Answer Song
7. Record Doctor
8. Popular
9. 25 Years
10. DJ
11. When I Was Seventeen
12. I Threw it All Away
13. Haunted Jukebox

Bob, Pete and Sarah describe the theme of the album thusly: "It's more than how music affects and reflects your life. It's about believing in music and living your life by its rules." Words to live by, indeed!

2 comments:

  1. I am officially excited. The world just got a lot more colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That cover reminds me of my precious US Baxendale CD; "You Will Have Your Revenge." What ever happened to Baxendale? That was my favorite album of the 90s. Tim Benton was a teenaged pop genius!!

    ReplyDelete