Monday, September 3, 2012

new shoes




After an eight year hiatus, husky voiced songstress Tanita Tikaram returns from the wilderness with "Dust On My Shoes", the lead single from her eighth longplayer "Can't Go Back".



"Can't Go Back" will include ten brand new songs inspired by Tanita's new found love of Americana. The special edition of the album will feature a bonus disc featuring eight acoustic performances of songs from throughout Tanita's twenty-five year career.



The official tracklisting for the standard edition of the album features Tanita's sensuous vocals wrapped around the following ten tunes.

1. All Things To You
2. Dust On My Shoes
3. Make The Day
4. Rock & Roll
5. Science
6. Keep It Real
7. Can't Go Back
8. Heavy Pressure
9. One Kiss
10. If The World Should Want For Love

For a quick reminder of Tanita's powerful songwriting finesse, look no further than "Twist In My Sobriety", the second single from her debut, "Ancient Heart". The single peaked at #22 on the UK chart in 1988. It also features the second best use of an oboe in a chart hit behind "Life In A Northern Town" by The Dream Academy.

2 comments:

  1. Surely you jest, Sir! I am a certified oboe fanatic and I'd have to say that "Tragedy + Mystery" by China Crisis sits in my top spot! "Life In A Northern Town" was great, but that was all about the tympani! I don't remember oboe in "Twist In My Sobriety." Quite frankly, I'm still trying to forget Tanita Tikaram. As I am the very concept of "Americana." Brrrrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely the masters of pop-song oboe are the Carpenters: Superstar, Goodbye to Love

    ReplyDelete