Saturday, December 5, 2009

Kylie live in your living room

Out of nowhere, Kylie Minogue has slapped together a live album and will release it on December 14. "Live In New York" was recorded on the final evening of her three show stand at Hammerstein Ballroom last October.

Unfortunately, it's only going to be available as a digital download. No shiny discs for those of us of a certain generation who still enjoy collecting various, physical configurations of our favorite artists. If you purchase your files (*eyeroll*) from iTunes, you'll get three, exclusive mixes from Kylie's musical director, Steve Anderson, he of Brothers In Rhythm fame.

No word on a DVD, but if you wanna dance around your handbag in your living room, you'll be able to cut a rug to the superior sound of Kylie's live extravaganza in the privacy of your own home.

The following is the official tracklisting for the album:

1. Overture (Somewhere Over The Rainbow/The Sound of Music)
2. Light Years
3. Speakerphone
4. Come Into My World
5. In Your Eyes
6. Everything Taboo Medley (Shocked/What Do I Have To Do /Spinning Around/What Kind Of Fool/Do You Dare/It's No Secret/Keep On Pumpin' It Up/I'm Over Dreaming Over You/Ride On Time/Such A Good Feeling/Finally/The Real Slim Shady/Buffalo Girls)
7. Like A Drug
8. Boombox/Can't Get Blue Monday Out Of My Head
9. Slow
10. 2 Hearts
11. Red Blooded Woman/Where The Wild Roses Grow
12. Heartbeat Rock
13. Wow
14. White Diamond Theme
15. White Diamond
16. Confide In Me
17. I Believe In You
18. Burning Up/Vogue
19. The Loco-motion
20. Kids
21. In My Arms
22. Better The Devil You Know
23. The One
24. I Should Be So Lucky
25. Love At First Sight

iTunes bonus tracks include:

1. Light Years (Steve Anderson Studio Version)
2. Speakerphone (Steve Anderson Studio Version)
3. Come Into My World (Steve Anderson Studio Version)

I would love to post the YouTube clip for the new mix of "Speakerphone", but as usual, EMI has disabled the ability to embed it anywhere. I guess they aren't that keen on free promotion.

5 comments:

  1. I so hope they release a video for this. I downloaded a bootleg of her last world tour ... a real dvd would be so much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't get me started on "embedding disabled by request" or "itunes only" releases because i'll be here all day! i AM looking forward to this release though - and have become a particular fan of Steve Anderson lately - his Talk Me DOwn on the Westlife album was great, as is his work with Elouise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mike - I hope they release a DVD, as well. It as much about the visual as it is about the music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Paul - I know I'm preaching to the choir on the d/l vs. physical debate. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for d/l and digital files. But there are some artists who still have an audience that likes to collect the physical releases.

    Remember when the music "biz" killed off vinyl too early thinking people who have to buy CDs instead? So sad that they don't learn from past mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto Paul's comments. I haaaaaate digital-only releases with all the fiery hateness of hate, but I'm looking forward to hearing Kylie's live performances.

    ReplyDelete